2 top German superstars almost exchange blows during training session
– Kimmich and Rudiger almost exchanged blows during a training session
– World Cup defenders Germany trained in preparation for the World Cup when the incident occurred
– Rudiger seemingly trying to impress Germany coach Low was hovering all over Kimmich
– The two defenders eventually locked heads after Rudiger delivered a rough tackle on the Bayern man
– Low is yet to announce his final squad bound for Russia
There was a major flare up between Germany teammates Joshua Kimmich and Antonio Rudiger after the players clashed during a rigorous training session on Tuesday, May 29.
The Chelsea defender hounded Kimmich before delivering a crunching tackle in a bid to impress Germany coach Joachim Low, during their Fifa World Cup 2018 Russia preparations.
The Bayern player did not take too well to Rudiger’s rough tackle and it immediately led to the two defenders locking horns, squaring up each other in a moment of rage.
READ ALSO: Egypt confirm Mohamed Salah will make their World Cup despite injury concerns
Tempers flared and things almost went south before assistant coach, former Germany international Miroslav Klose stepped in to separate the two players who had locked heads.
The World Cup defenders have been holding intense training sessions in Eppan, Italy, and they hope to replicate their performance in 2014 when they won the World Cup.
However, the Germans seemed to be slightly over aggressive with each other as midfielder Julian Draxler was seen holding an ice-pack to his face after receiving an elbow to his head the same day.