2019: 13 political parties jostling for presidential seat (list)
– The political parties currently eyeing the presidential seat have been revealed
– The parties, 13 in number, will be fielding various presidential candidates during to 2019 general election
On January 9, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) released the timetable for the 2019 general elections.
The timetable, which was released by the chairman of the electoral body however caused a roar after lawmakers moved to pass a bill that will alter and amend the schedule of the election.
A matter which was taken to court and the court decided tat the National Assembly had no right to alter the election timetable.
READ ALSO: Nurse remanded for alleged murder of Senator Adeleke
However, in a recent report, Daily Trust has listed a total number of 16 political parties battling for the presidential seat in the forthcoming election.
The said political parties have so far concluded plans to field various presidential candidates for the election.
READ ALSO: 2019: Southern, Middle Belt leaders call for INEC chairman’s removal
While President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his intention to run for a second term under the platform of the All progressives Congress (APC), other political parties are taking measure to unseat the president.
Some of the political parties include:
1. All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA),
2. Social Democratic Party (SDP),
3. Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC),
4. African Democratic Congress (ADC)
5. Accord Party (AP)
6. Action Alliance (AA)
7. Freedom and Justice Party (FJP)
8. Young Progressives Party (YPP),
9. Green Party (GP),