The scholarship is sponsored by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry Of Education, through the Federal Scholarship Board
The countries with bilateral agreement are Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
Courses available are:
7. Environmental Sciences
10. Social Sciences
13. Medicine (very limited) and
14. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
The interviews for the scholarship will hold between Monday, February 13 to Thursday, February 16, across the six geopolitical zones. All interested and qualified Nigerians are advised to apply online before these dates.
Eligibility criteria for undergraduates:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of five (5) distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years. Eligibility
Criteria for postgraduate scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a first degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website