Let's Be Friends!

Like us on Facebook to stay glued to our unbeatable updates.
Like Now!
Argentina confirm Messi, Aguero, Dybala for friendly against Eagles

Governor Ambode Awards Reconstruction Contract For School Classrooms

Posted: 02 February, 2017 at 06:18 pm
Governor Ambode Awards Reconstruction Contract For School Classrooms Photo 1

On Thursday, February 2, the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode claimed that his government had awarded contract for the reconstruction of 174 damages school classrooms and also building of new eight classroom including the school fence.

Governor Ambode disclosed this when speaking at the Foundation Laying ceremony of the New Model School in Awori College, Ojo, saying that his government supply over 40,000 school furniture's out of 160,000 furniture's requests.

In a statement issued by Governor Ambode through Dr. Mrs. Oluranti Adebule, his Deputy, saying that his government are working hard to provide quality teaching and learning environment for student to increased the their performance this year.

Following the performance of the students in 2016 West African Examination Council (WAEC), Governor Ambode was very impressed, and said that the performance of the students signify that the Lagos State Government are working on the right pact.

Mr. Ambode said, “Today we are introducing a new model of block of classrooms in our public secondary schools. This edifice, apart from aiding teaching and learning, will compare favourably with high school structures in leading countries of the world.

“Apart from the aesthetics value, the new structure is capable of enhancing security of students, staff and schools materials in the face of the recent security breaches in our schools. It would comprise 36 classrooms, library, staff rooms, multipurpose hall, laboratories, principal/Vice Principal's offices and modern toilet facilities for both junior and senior schools.”

Governor Ambode urged the students to study hard and ignored every thing that can distract them from learning or hinder their dream, assured that his government would give them great opportunities, possibilities and build a great future through quality education.

He said: “Let me assure all parents that we will continue to do our very best to ensure that our schools are safe from intruders. We have put in place measures to secure our pupils, students, teaching and non-teaching staff. Our standards are high and we will continue to make them better,”

Hon. Lanre Ogunyemi, the Chairman for Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on Education said the Lagosian to appreciate the Government efforts on Education, saying they are trying to build future for the state youths.

Mr. Ogunyemi explained that in order state, their government found it difficult to pay teacher's salaries, while in Lagos, Ambode pays salaries of teachers and staff to encourage their teaching.

The Chairman said: “This present administration recently employed more that 1,300 teachers and is about employing another 1,000. All these and other achievements were made possible due to good managers and able lieutenants at the helm of affairs as far as education is concerned,”

Add Your Comment

Recent Replies (0)

NEXT POST IN EDUCATION
World Clock

Lagos, Nigeria.

07:50 PM

Wasington D.C., USA.

02:50 PM

London, UK.

07:50 PM
End of Result