Full list of all arrested Offa bank robbers, numbers of people slayed by each suspect
– All suspected criminals arrested during April 5 Offa robbery have been paraded by the police
– The police paraded Ayoade Akinnibosun, gang leader who coordinated the killings from Oro, Irepodun LGA, Kwara state
– Also paraded was Michael Adikwu, 30 -year-old sectional gang leader who killed twenty two (22) persons during the operation
The police have released the full list of suspects arrested in connection with April 5 multiple bank robbery in Offa Kwara state, during which 33 persons, including nine policemen, were killed.
Going further, the police also released list of all the exhibits recovered, banks and police station attacked during the robbery.
READ ALSO: American man marries Hausa bride he met online after converting to Islam
All the suspects are now in police custody:
1. Ayoade Akinnibosun a.k.a AY – 37 years old.
Gang leader (coordinated the killings). From Oro, Irepodun LGA, Kwara state.
2. Ibikunle Ogunleye – 36 years old.
Gang leader, killed two (2) persons. From Oro, Irepodun LGA, Kwara state
3. Adeola Abraham – 35 years old
Gang leader, killed five (5) persons. From Oro, Irepodun LGA, Kwara state.
4. Salaudeen Azeez – 49 years old.
Gang leader, killed two (2) Persons. From Oro, Irepodun LGA, Kwara state.
5. Niyi Ogundiran – 37 years old
Gang leader, killed Two (2) persons (Latest Confession). From Oro, Irepodun LGA, Kwara state.
6. Michael Adikwu – 30 years old
Sectional gang leader, Killed twenty two (22) persons, mostly at the police station.
7. Kabiru Afolabi – 26 years old.
8. Omoseni Kassim – 28 years old
9. Kayode Opadokun – 35 years old.
10. Kazeem Abdulrasheed – 36 years old.
11. Azeez Abdullahi – 27 years.
12. Adewale Popoola – 22 years old.
13. Adetoyese Muftau – 23 years old
14. Alexander Reuben – 39 years old
15. Richard Buba Terry – 23 years old.
16. Peter Jasper Kuunfa – 23 years old
17. Ikechukwu Ebuka Nnaji – 29 years old.
18. Moses Godwin – 28 years old
19. Adeola omiyale – 38 years old.
From Isanlu Isin Town, Isin LGA, Kwara state.
20. Femi Idowu – 34 years old.
21. Alabi Olalekan – 49 years old.
PA political to executive governor, Kwara state
22. Yusuf Abdulwahab – 58 years old.
Chief of staff to executive governor, Kwara state.
All the exhibits recovered
1. Two (2) AK47 rifles.
2. Two (2) Barrette pistols.
3. One (1) Pump action rifle.
4. One (1) revolver pistol – In police custody in Ilorin.
5. Lexus RX300 Jeep with Reg. No. Kwara, KMA 143 RM belonging to Ayoade Akinnibosun (gang leader) – Used for the bank robbery
5. Lexus RX300 Jeep with Reg. No. Kwara, KMA 143 RM belonging to Ayoade Akinnibosun (gang leader) – Used for the bank robbery. robbery..
7. One (1) Toyota Prado Jeep with Reg. No. 19KWGH belonging to the PA political to the executive governor, Kwara state – In police custody in Ilorin.
8. One (1) Toyota Camry Saloon Car with Reg. No. LRN 481 FE – In police custody in Ilorin.
9. The cash sum of Six Hundred Thousand naira (N600,000.00) – In police custody in Ilorin.
10. Four (4) phones of victims recovered.
11. One (1) sticker plate number with inscription “SARAKI” “Kwara, state of harmony”.
The banks and police station robbed:
1. First Bank Offa.
2. Guaranty Trust Bank Offa.
3. ECO Bank Offa.
4. Zenith Bank Offa.
5. Union Bank Offa.
6. Ibolo Micro Finance Bank Offa.
7. The divisional police headquarters, Offa.
Meanwhile, had reported that the police have invited Senate President, Bukola Saraki over the incident.
Police spokesman, Jimoh Moshood also announced the arrest of Mr. Yusuf Abdulwahab, the chief of staff to Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed and Alabi Olalekan, his personal assistant, political, as investigations over the gruesome robbery deepened.
The police claimed five of the bandits arrested and who have made confessions during interrogations indicted the senate president.
The police therefore wanted to interrogate the senator, who is Number 3 person, in the order of protocol in the country. The police did not give a specific time they wanted Saraki to report.
“The Senate president, Sen. Bukola Saraki is being invited by the Nigeria Police Force to report to the Force Intelligence Response Team office at Guzape, Abuja to answer to the allegations levelled against him from the confessions of the Five (5) Gang Leaders, namely; Ayoade Akinnibosun, Ibukunle Ogunleye, Adeola Abraham, Salawudeen Azeez, Niyi Ogundiran and some of the other Seventeen (17) suspects arrested for direct involvement and active participation in the Offa Bank Robbery and the gruesome killing of 33 innocent persons which include some pregnant women and nine Police personnel”, Moshood said.
The police in the statement appeared to have dropped hints on what they wanted to ask Saraki about, as they claimed that the five men, who were the leaders of the bandits `’admitted, confessed and volunteered statements that they were political thugs of the Senate President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Sen. Bukola Saraki and the Executive Governor of Kwara State, Alh. Abdulfatah Ahmed”.