How you can easily transfer your BlackBerry Q10 contacts to Android
BlackBerry Q10 is a great phone, albeit a bit dated, so you might be in need of an upgrade. That is why today, we want to teach you how to transfer contacts from BlackBerry Q10 to Android. This way you can stay in touch with people that matter on a new and improved phone. Learn how to do this easily and quickly.
When it comes to moving contacts from one phone to another, things might become confusing, especially for people who are not that savvy with technology. Therefore, we want to help you in this endeavour and offer you three ways you can move your contacts from your old BlackBerry Q10 to your shiny new Android phone. Check them out!
How to transfer contacts from BlackBerry to Android via Bluetooth
Probably one of the easiest ways to move your contacts from one phone to another is via Bluetooth. It is simple and very quick. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn Bluetooth on both phones. Make sure that your Android phone is discoverable, otherwise you will not be able to transfer your contacts.
- Take your BlackBerry and go to Contacts.
- Touch and hold the contact you want to transfer.
- Tap the Menu (it is the three dots in the lower right corner).
- In the menu, choose Share contact and then Bluetooth.
- If your Android phone is discoverable, you should see it in the list of devices. To make the transfer, select it.
- After that, take your Android phone, pair it with your BlackBerry and accept the transfer.
That is all! You should be able to see your contacts in your new phone. However, what can you do if your Bluetooth is not working or you want to transfer multiple contacts fast? We have two more options for you, so keep reading.
Transfer contacts from BlackBerry to Android by syncing them with a Google account
READ ALSO: Airtel BlackBerry plan that works on Android
Another great way to transfer your contacts is by syncing them with your Google account. This might be useful in case you want to transfer them in the future, as you will just have to sign into your account, and your contacts will be there. To do this, follow these steps:
- Take your BlackBerry and go to Setup (you can find it on the Home screen).
- Select E-mail Setup, then choose Add and tap Next.
- Find the Synchronisation Options and tap them.
- The next step is to tick the box that says Contacts and then tap Next.
- Verify your Google account and confirm it.
- Then, take your Android phone and add your Google account.
- The last thing you need to do is sync the contacts from your Google account with your Android phone, and you should be done. Now you can access your contacts from any device, as long as you sign into your Google account.
How to copy contacts from BlackBerry to Android with the help of software
In case none of the other methods are to your liking, we have one more for you. While it requires you to use a computer with BlackBerry software installed and install additional software, it also allows you to transfer more than just contacts in one go. So check it out and decide whether you want to try transferring your contacts this way.
- First thing you need to do is backup your Blackberry data with the help of BlackBerry Desktop Software that comes with the phone. Connect the phone to your PC, open the software and click the Back up now button. This will download the backup of your phone to your computer.
- After that, install MobileTrans Wondershare. Click here to download it.
- When you have installed it, open MobileTrans, connect your Android phone to your computer and select the option that says Restore From Backups.
- If everything is working the way it should, you should be able to see a new window where you can choose the content to restore. You might notice that you can transfer pretty much anything at the same time, not just the contacts. Tick the boxes next to items you want to restore and click Start Transfer.
- You should see the transfer progress window appear, showing you the things that are being transferred to your phone. After the transfer is done, you should be able to see and use your old BlackBerry contacts on your new Android phone.
As you can see, there are multiple ways you can go about transferring your contacts from a BlackBerry phone to an Android phone. It all depends on what you want and what you have at hand. We hope that this tutorial was helpful for you.
READ ALSO: Best phones under 40000 Naira