The Kano State House of Assembly has launched an investigation against him over alleged abuse of office and improper conduct.
The House on Wednesday, constituted an 8-man committee to investigate eight offences allegedly committed by the emir.
The committee was constituted following a motion by Alhaji Ibrahim Ahmad Gama, Nassarawa Constituency.
The 8-man committee was headed by a member representing Warawa, Alhaji Labaran Abdul.
The allegations are:
1. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and the state legislators are mismanaging the state resources while on an official visit to China.
2. Making remarks in Kaduna on the proposed Kano light rail project which had tarnished his (Gama) image, the government and the assembly as well.
3. Allegation by the emir that the state governor and his entourage wasted one month in China seeking for loan to construct the light rail in the state.
On the above allegations, Gama said
He added that the emir's allegation had caused serious embarrassment to him (the lawmaker), the state government and the House of Assembly within and outside the state.
Other allegations levelled against Sanusi include:
1. Intentionally attacking President Muhammadu Buhari whenever he got an opportunity to speak at a public gathering. He said this had contravened the culture of traditional institution.
2. Embezzlement of funds belonging to the emirate council.
3. Tarnishing the image of the emirate by assigning his daughter to represent him at a public function, introducing strange religious issues and involvement in politics.
4. Downgrading the honour of the Kano emirate council by assigning his daughter to represent him at a function organised by the #BringBackourGirls group in Abuja, saying it was against the emirate's tradition.
On this Gama said:
“The mode of dressing of the Emir's daughter at the event was an embarrassment not only to the emirate council but the entire people of Kano,”
It would also be recalled that the Kano state Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission is currently investigating Kano emirate council over alleged embezzlement of over N6 billion in three years.