The Punch reports that Alhaji Lai Mohammed who is the minister of information and culture made this position known on Wednesday, September 20 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The minister said IPOB was already out of steam and that no government in the world would tolerate its operation. Mohammed said:
I am not interested in the semantics or legality of troop's deployment or the proscription of IPOB. All I know is that IPOB has engaged in terrorist activities such as:
1. Setting up parallel military and paramilitary organisations,
2. Clashing with the national army
3. Attempting to seize rifles from soldiers
4. Using weapons such as machetes, molotov cocktails and sticks and
5. Mounting roadblocks to extort money from people, among others.
To those who have engaged in semantics or legality, I ask: Which country in the world will tolerate those activities I have listed above? Which national army will look the other way when it is being attacked by a band of thugs?